Current renters were asked about why they choose to rent. The results show that maintenance free living, cost, and flexibility are the most common reasons to rent!
Most rent primarily for the maintenance free living apartments in Charlotte, NC provide. Many love the convenience of having a maintenance person for common household repairs and having someone to tend to the lawn and yard.
Others choose to rent for financial reasons. If an your plan to live in a place for five years or less, it may make the most financial sense to rent. The costs of buying and selling a home can total 10% or more of the price of the home. Additionally, home ownership in a particular neighborhood may be more expensive than renting in that same neighborhood.
Renting gives you the freedom to invest in a variety of stocks, bonds and mutual funds that can provide a higher return on investment over property ownership. The average home value increases only 5% each year, the average stock value increases 7% and bonds increases 8% each year.
Another reason to favor renting is relocation flexibility and the lack of a long term commitment in an apartment.
Renting an apartment in Charlotte may be a good choice for the following types of individuals:
- Young adults just beginning their careers.
- Single parents who do not have time for maintenance or the money to buy a house in a desired school district.
- Empty nesters who want to travel.
- Anyone tired of long commutes to work.
- Anyone who wants abundant amenities and social activities where they live.
- Professionals who transfer often.
Original article – apartments.com