Arguments can be made either way in regards to renting an apartment in Charlotte, NC or buying a new home. It is a decision that’s often based on what type of person you are and where you want to live.
Here are the top 10 reason to rent:
- There’s more spontaneous freedom with renting. Whether you want to relocate for a job, a relationship or for no reason at all, renting provides more flexibility.
- Attempting to sell a house can be complicated and time consuming. Whether you have a year lease the logistics of renting are less confusing.
- Are you the type of person who hates mowing the lawn or shoveling snow? A landlord provides these services.
- As a homeowner, you’re responsible for snow removal and lawn care and everything else. Whether it’s a broken hot water heater or a broken dishwasher, things are going to need to be upgraded or replaced. When you rent, you’re not responsible for maintenance costs, just call the landlord.
- Many apartments have so many apartment amenities they seem more like an all-inclusive resort. From tennis courts and swimming pools to fitness centers and children’s playgrounds, many renters have these amenities on location. Most affordable homes do not.
- In addition to monthly mortgage and maintenance costs, homeowners are also saddled with property taxes. These taxes fluctuate depending on where you live. No property tax means more money in the bank, or at least more money in your pocket to do the things you want to do.
- Do you want to live in a luxurious neighborhood? You have a better chance of affording rent in a posh neighborhood than you do of buying a house.
- Some apartment communities offer referral bonuses of some kind.
- There are often numerous apartments in an apartment building, and this increases your chances of meeting new people and making friends.
- Many apartment communities are gated and have their own security and video surveillance. This will give you peace of mind, and save you from having to buy a high-end security system.