If you live in an apartment in Charlotte, NC then you know this is the month of music. We have two special events going on this month, Summer Pops in the Park and the Uptown Charlotte Jazz Fest.
Celebrating the 30th anniversary of this tradition in the Queen City, the Charlotte Symphony will present their annual Summer Pops outdoor concert series, returning to Symphony Park for the Summer Pops in the Park outdoor concert series each Sunday in June and the first Wednesday in July. Pack a picnic basket and enjoy symphonic sounds that span classics from Broadway musicals to Beethoven's best. The schedule is shown here:
- Summer Pops 1: 8:15 p.m. Sun, June 9 at Symphony Park, Albert-George Schram conducting
- Summer Pops 2: 8:15 p.m. Sun, June 16 at Symphony Park, Christopher Warren-Green conducting
- Summer Pops 3: 8:15 p.m. Sun, June 23 at Symphony Park, Albert-George Schram conducting
- Summer Pops 4: 8:15 p.m. Sun, June 30 at Symphony Park, Albert-George Schram conducting
- Summer Pops 5: 8:15 p.m. Wed, July 3 at Symphony Park, Albert-George Schram conducting
And to keep summer sizzling, the Uptown Charlotte Jazz Fest will take over Time Warner Cable Uptown Amphitheatre for its fourth year June 21-22 featuring jazz/R&B. The 4th Annual Uptown Charlotte Jazz Fest returns to the Queen City with the sounds and rhythms of some of the world's greatest jazz performers. Following a nearly sold-out third year with record attendance, the festival has truly become a "destination event" for pure jazz enthusiasts, attracting attendees from all across the Southeast.
The festival will begin on Friday, June 21 at 7 p.m. with smooth jazz artists 5th and York; two of smooth jazz's biggest stars, Peter White and Euge Groove; and jazz/R&B/funk musician Brian Culbertson.
On Saturday, June 22, the festival will kick off with smooth jazz keyboardist and pianist Gregg Karukas. Saturday will also feature Sax in the City. Joining these superstars on the final evening is BWB.