Are you making a resolution this year? Do you want to lose weight, gain a new skill or possibly organize your apartment in Charlotte, NC? Whatever your resolution is, here are some tips to help you stick to it throughout the year.
1. Make it attainable. Be sure that your resolution is attainable. Sticking to your monthly budget is attainable; making a million bucks may not be (just yet).
2. Tell everyone. If you tell everyone about your resolution, you are more likely to keep it. If you want to quit smoking, you can even go as far as telling your friends that you'll give them $50 if they catch you lighting up.
3. Be specific. If you want to get fit in the new year, set a specific goal. For example, instead of saying you want to get fit, say you want to lose 10 pounds and tone your arms and legs.
4. Start small. Create small goals for yourself. If you want to organize your house, assign one room to each month. In January, organize your kitchen. In February, organize your bedroom. In March, your organize your office. In April, you organize your garage, and so on.
5. Write it down. It's important to motivate yourself throughout the year. Write your resolution down on every month in your calendar. Don't let yourself forget about your resolution as the year goes on.