Black Friday and now Gray Thursday will be upon us very soon. Please find attached Safe Parking and Shopping tips that can be sent to those on your email lists as well as copied and pasted into other documents. Also, it is important to make sure your home does not become a target of thieves. Therefore I have also attached Home Holiday Security tips Just get the word out to make this a safe and Happy Holiday season. If you need flyers for distribution around your shopping centers, come by the Crime Prevention office to pick up a pack or two.
Holiday Shopping Tips
During this time of year The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department would like to remind you of some helpful Holiday Shopping Safety Tips so that you may have a happy and safe holiday season.
Safety in the Parking Lots
- Park and walk in well-lit areas.
- Walk with confidence be aware of people around you, and know where you parked.
- Always lock your car doors after leaving or entering your car.
- Have your keys in your hand so that you don’t have to linger before entering your car. Check the back seat before you get in.
- Don’t leave packages on the car seats. Keep packages out of sight in the trunk or under a covered rear cargo area.
Safety While Shopping
- Pay with checks or credit cards when possible. Don’t flash large amounts of cash.
- Don’t leave any purchases or your purse unattended while shopping or in a dressing room.
- Try to carry as little as possible. Make multiple trips to your vehicle to store your purchases.
- Never leave your children alone.
- If your children get separated from you, teach them to find a cashier or a security officer and ask for help.
- Report all suspicious activity. Call 911 with a description.