Susan B. Komen for a Cure, Charlotte is fighting to raise money to help find a cure for cancer. Auston Woods Apartment Homes, apartments in Charlotte, NC would like to share some fund raising events with you.
March 8 - Beautiful Bling from Perry's of South Park, Sassy Via Spiga Wedge Boots, Private Dance Lessons at Piper Glen Ballroom are just some of the fabulous auction items awaiting your bid at Laugh for the Cure! Seats are limited - don't miss out on food from area restaurants, silent & live auctions, and a hysterical PG-13 comedy show!
April 29 – Pink Sunday. Provide life-saving tips to your family and friends at church. Free breast health educational materials provided to churches registered before March 30th. Did You Know: Breast Cancer is the most common cancer among African American women?
Did you know that in 2010-11 Komen Charlotte Grantees from our nine-county service area:
- Provided: 3,500+ mammograms ~ 1,500+ diagnostic services and 1,400+ clinical breast exams
- Distributed 40,000+ breast health education materials
- Served 220 lymphedema patients
- Diagnosed more than 40 women with breast cancer
- Assisted approximately: 2,000 Caucasians, 2,000 African-Americans, 1,400 Hispanic-Latinas, 270 Asians
Go to komencharlotte.org to help.